Newbridge / Curragh Youth Project
Who we are
Newbridge/Curragh Youth Project is a community-based project that provides a variety of learning and development opportunities and services for young people in Newbridge, the Curragh and surrounding areas. We provide for and with young people, their families and communities to be responsive to their changing needs.
What we do
- We work with Young People aged from 11-19 years old and support young people up to the age of 25 years old.
- We use a Youth Work approach working with young people using recreational and educational programmes in a group setting.
- The project offers young people the opportunity to engage in: youth group work focusing on various issues that affect young people’s lives. Through activities such as art, music, drama, games and other group work, young people build relationships both with youth workers and their peers.
What we offer
We run programmes such as:
- Mental Health
- Drugs and alcohol
- Sexual health awareness
- Mental health awareness
- Health and well being
- Cooking programmes
- Teambuilding programmes
- Art programmes
- Junior and Adult leadership programme
- Stepping stones programme (transition from 6th class to Post Primary School)
We also provide one to one support for various issues coming up for young people involved in the project.
We support young people to build their capacity in order to reach their full potential through working on informal educational programmes. These programmes provide challenges which can give them valuable life experience in a safe supportive and fun environment.
These programs can address or explore aspects of their lives and the society they live in. This is done through youth work, planned programmes and activities